Rockets down Magic 111-103
Houston: Playing without two top scorers, the Houston Rockets beat the Orlando Magic 111-103 in an NBA match.
The Rockets` leading scorer James Harden sat out for the second straight game with a sore right foot while small forward Chandler Parsons was also unavailable with an illness.
But Omer Asik filled the void by scoring 22 points and pulling down 18 rebounds. Jeremy Lin added 19 points and 11 assists and Francisco Garcia scored 14 points and dished out five assists for the Rockets.
Rookie Maurice Harkless poured in a game-high 28 points and Beno Udrih added 17 points and 10 assists for the Magic.
The Rockets shot 57.7 percent while holding Orlando to just 5-for-19 shooting in the first quarter to take a 32-14 lead after the first 12 minutes.
Houston`s lead grew as large as 24 in the second, and held a 65-43 lead at the break.
The Rockets dominated most of the fourth quarter, leading once by as much as 20. But the Magic rallied with a 20-6 run to make it 106-101, with two minutes to go.
The Rockets held the Magic to just two points to lock up their victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border
- Italy quake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Syria launched chemical attacks, IS used mustard gas: UN report