Romashina wins solo technical gold at worlds
Barcelona: Russia`s Svetlana Romashina triumphed in the solo technical routine of synchronised swimming at the 15th FINA World Swimming Championships here while China`s Huang Xuechen won the silver.
The 24-year-old Romashina had 96.8 points which allowed her to win her first world solo gold Saturday as her compatriot Natalia Ishchenko, who is taking a sabbatical, won all three solo technical golds since 2007.
China`s Huang scored 95.5 points, repeating the success experienced in Shanghai 2011 World Championships, while Spain`s Ona Carbonell took bronze scoring 94.4.
The Palau Sant Jordi, which was built for the 1992 Olympic Games, is hosting the synchronised swimming event as well as the water polo finals. There are a total of 2,293 athletes participating in the event and 308 of them will take part in synchronised swimming.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says