Ronaldo backs Man U to win Premier League title this season
London: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has blasted Manchester City strikers by telling them the champions will not win the Premier League this season.
Ronaldo admitted he met former boss Alex Ferguson, though the pair did not discuss a sensational return to Old Trafford.
The 80 million pound superstar helped put City out of the Champions League on Wednesday night and predicts more heartache ahead for Roberto Mancini’s men.
“I still watch the Premier League. It is the most competitive league in the world in my opinion — ahead of Spain. It is brilliant — you have a lot of brilliant players here and the league is so intense,” The Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying.
“It’s amazing and I watch it in my house every week. City and United are among three or four teams who can perhaps win the league which is why it is the most competitive anywhere in the world. It will be tough for every team but I think United will do it this year and win their title back,” he added.
According to the paper, Ronaldo revealed his old boss Fergie popped in to see him and Madrid boss Jose Mourinho at the Lowry Hotel a few hours before Wednesday’s game.
“I met Alex Ferguson on Wednesday. He came to the hotel to speak with Jose Mourinho and, of course, I spoke with him too. It was nice to see him again,” he said.
“No, we didn’t speak about the future. We just spoke about his moment with Manchester United and mine with Real Madrid. We were just happy to see each other,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal