Ronaldo backs Man U to win Premier League title this season
London: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has blasted Manchester City strikers by telling them the champions will not win the Premier League this season.
Ronaldo admitted he met former boss Alex Ferguson, though the pair did not discuss a sensational return to Old Trafford.
The 80 million pound superstar helped put City out of the Champions League on Wednesday night and predicts more heartache ahead for Roberto Mancini’s men.
“I still watch the Premier League. It is the most competitive league in the world in my opinion — ahead of Spain. It is brilliant — you have a lot of brilliant players here and the league is so intense,” The Sun quoted Ronaldo, as saying.
“It’s amazing and I watch it in my house every week. City and United are among three or four teams who can perhaps win the league which is why it is the most competitive anywhere in the world. It will be tough for every team but I think United will do it this year and win their title back,” he added.
According to the paper, Ronaldo revealed his old boss Fergie popped in to see him and Madrid boss Jose Mourinho at the Lowry Hotel a few hours before Wednesday’s game.
“I met Alex Ferguson on Wednesday. He came to the hotel to speak with Jose Mourinho and, of course, I spoke with him too. It was nice to see him again,” he said.
“No, we didn’t speak about the future. We just spoke about his moment with Manchester United and mine with Real Madrid. We were just happy to see each other,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head