Rudy Hartono, Prakash to conduct clinic for colts
Mumbai: Indonesian great Rudy Hartono, who won seven All England men`s singles title in a row between 1968 and 1974, is visiting the metropolis next month and would conduct a clinic for budding under-19 shuttlers.
Eight-time All England winner Hartono, along with Indian legend and 1980 champion Prakash Padukone, would conduct the clinic on June 6 as well as play an exhibition match at the air-conditioned NSCI courts, a release said today.
The duo has been invited by the Maharashtra Badminton Association, Yonex-Sunrise and National Sports Club of India (NSCI) for the promotion of the sport in the state and country.
MBA and NSCI would also felicitate National Games gold medallist Arundhati Pantwane and the most promising boy and girl in the state, whose names were not given, on the occasion, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli