Rudy Hartono, Prakash to conduct clinic for colts
Mumbai: Indonesian great Rudy Hartono, who won seven All England men`s singles title in a row between 1968 and 1974, is visiting the metropolis next month and would conduct a clinic for budding under-19 shuttlers.
Eight-time All England winner Hartono, along with Indian legend and 1980 champion Prakash Padukone, would conduct the clinic on June 6 as well as play an exhibition match at the air-conditioned NSCI courts, a release said today.
The duo has been invited by the Maharashtra Badminton Association, Yonex-Sunrise and National Sports Club of India (NSCI) for the promotion of the sport in the state and country.
MBA and NSCI would also felicitate National Games gold medallist Arundhati Pantwane and the most promising boy and girl in the state, whose names were not given, on the occasion, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video