Rudy Hartono, Prakash to conduct clinic for colts
Mumbai: Indonesian great Rudy Hartono, who won seven All England men`s singles title in a row between 1968 and 1974, is visiting the metropolis next month and would conduct a clinic for budding under-19 shuttlers.
Eight-time All England winner Hartono, along with Indian legend and 1980 champion Prakash Padukone, would conduct the clinic on June 6 as well as play an exhibition match at the air-conditioned NSCI courts, a release said today.
The duo has been invited by the Maharashtra Badminton Association, Yonex-Sunrise and National Sports Club of India (NSCI) for the promotion of the sport in the state and country.
MBA and NSCI would also felicitate National Games gold medallist Arundhati Pantwane and the most promising boy and girl in the state, whose names were not given, on the occasion, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today