Rupesh, Sanave decide to play in IBL
New Delhi: Doubles pair Sanave Thomas and KT Rupesh Kumar confirmed their participation in the Indian Badminton League (IBL), two days after hinting that they might consider pulling out over their reduced base price at players` auction.
The two had said that they were unsure of playing in the $1 million league, after their base price was slashed from $15,000 to $5,000 at the auction without their knowledge.
"We have decided to play in the IBL and we spoke to Pune coach Nikhil Kanetkar yesterday to confirm our participation. We understand it is not the fault of the franchise, the organisers have done it. So why harm the franchise, we will try our best and not let our team down," Rupesh told IANS Saturday.
Sanave echoed similar sentiments.
"Rupesh and I decided to play and I also spoke to Nikhil to confirm our participation," Sanave told IANS.
The two, who have won the national doubles title for a record seven times from 2004 to 2010, were sold to Pune Pistons for their base price of $5,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre