Rupesh, Sanave decide to play in IBL
New Delhi: Doubles pair Sanave Thomas and KT Rupesh Kumar confirmed their participation in the Indian Badminton League (IBL), two days after hinting that they might consider pulling out over their reduced base price at players` auction.
The two had said that they were unsure of playing in the $1 million league, after their base price was slashed from $15,000 to $5,000 at the auction without their knowledge.
"We have decided to play in the IBL and we spoke to Pune coach Nikhil Kanetkar yesterday to confirm our participation. We understand it is not the fault of the franchise, the organisers have done it. So why harm the franchise, we will try our best and not let our team down," Rupesh told IANS Saturday.
Sanave echoed similar sentiments.
"Rupesh and I decided to play and I also spoke to Nikhil to confirm our participation," Sanave told IANS.
The two, who have won the national doubles title for a record seven times from 2004 to 2010, were sold to Pune Pistons for their base price of $5,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 2016: Kings XI Punjab's Axar Patel claims first hat-trick of ninth edition
- Petrol prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- IPL 2016: Axar Patel's four-wicket haul guides Kings XI Punjab to 23-run win over table-toppers Gujarat Lions
- Diesel prices in major Indian cities after latest hike!
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch