Rupesh, Sanave decide to play in IBL
New Delhi: Doubles pair Sanave Thomas and KT Rupesh Kumar confirmed their participation in the Indian Badminton League (IBL), two days after hinting that they might consider pulling out over their reduced base price at players` auction.
The two had said that they were unsure of playing in the $1 million league, after their base price was slashed from $15,000 to $5,000 at the auction without their knowledge.
"We have decided to play in the IBL and we spoke to Pune coach Nikhil Kanetkar yesterday to confirm our participation. We understand it is not the fault of the franchise, the organisers have done it. So why harm the franchise, we will try our best and not let our team down," Rupesh told IANS Saturday.
Sanave echoed similar sentiments.
"Rupesh and I decided to play and I also spoke to Nikhil to confirm our participation," Sanave told IANS.
The two, who have won the national doubles title for a record seven times from 2004 to 2010, were sold to Pune Pistons for their base price of $5,000 each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC