Rupesh Shah shows his class in World Billiards
Leeds: Defending champion Rupesh Shah from India continued his fine run in the World Billiards Championship as he notched up convincing wins over his respective opponents in the Point Format, here.
Shah reigned supreme on the green baize in the short 150-up format to beat Ireland`s Wayne Doyle, England`s Aaron Davies, Australia`s Grant Meadley and Vietnam`s Long Nguyen Thanh and top the Group A.
In the other Indian matches, Arun Agarwal had a mixed outing in the Group C as he defeated Canada`s Fraser Durham and Vietnam`s Nam Pham Hoai in the morning session before going down the drain against England`s Ian Williamson and Australia`s Matthew Bolton.
In Group E, Balachandra Bhaskar made short work of his rivals, defeating Ireland`s Mark Nolan, Austria`s Carl Walter Steiner and countrymate Sushrut Pandia.
Saurav Kothari won all his four matches in Group I to progress to the next round of the prestigious event. The Kolkata-based cueist defeated Australia`s Michael Pearson, Austria`s Martin Schmidt, countrymates Aditya Agarwal and Yash Bansal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing