Rupesh Shah shows his class in World Billiards
Leeds: Defending champion Rupesh Shah from India continued his fine run in the World Billiards Championship as he notched up convincing wins over his respective opponents in the Point Format, here.
Shah reigned supreme on the green baize in the short 150-up format to beat Ireland`s Wayne Doyle, England`s Aaron Davies, Australia`s Grant Meadley and Vietnam`s Long Nguyen Thanh and top the Group A.
In the other Indian matches, Arun Agarwal had a mixed outing in the Group C as he defeated Canada`s Fraser Durham and Vietnam`s Nam Pham Hoai in the morning session before going down the drain against England`s Ian Williamson and Australia`s Matthew Bolton.
In Group E, Balachandra Bhaskar made short work of his rivals, defeating Ireland`s Mark Nolan, Austria`s Carl Walter Steiner and countrymate Sushrut Pandia.
Saurav Kothari won all his four matches in Group I to progress to the next round of the prestigious event. The Kolkata-based cueist defeated Australia`s Michael Pearson, Austria`s Martin Schmidt, countrymates Aditya Agarwal and Yash Bansal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead