Rupesh Shah upsets Sethi, progresses into pre-quarters
Leeds: Rupesh Shah caused a major upset at the World Billiards Championship when he defeated seven-time world champion and compatriot Geet Sethi in the `Long up` format and advanced into the pre-quarters of the event, here on Tuesday.
Shah got the better of Sethi 750-536 and was joined by four other Indians who made the Ronud of 16.
From the traditional time format, this year championship saw the introduction of `Long up` format, with 400 points for the league stages, 500 for round of 32, 750 for last 16 and 1000 for quarters.
Point Format finalist Alok Kumar overwhelmed countrymate Dhruv Sitwala 750-458 to progress into the next round.
While B Bhaskar defeated Robert Hall of England 750-536, Sourav Kothari and Ashok Shandilya downed fellow nationals Arun Agrawal (750?448) and Dhvaj Haria (750?609).
Results (India matches)
Rupesh Shah bt Geet Sethi 750-536, Alok Kumar bt Dhruv Sitwala 750-458, B Bhaskar bt Robert Hall (Eng) 750-536, Sourav Kothari bt Arun Agrawal 750-448, Ashok Shandilya bt Dhvaj Haria 750-609.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends