Russia streamlines visa applications for Sochi Olympics
Moscow: Foreigners planning to attend the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi in February can obtain visas the same day they apply, Russian foreign ministry has said.
Deputy Foreign Minister Vladimir Titov said Tuesday that the same-day visa deal is a temporary opportunity available at major Russian diplomatic missions around the world, reports Xinhua.
"In those missions abroad where the volume of visa work isn`t huge, applications for spectators of the Games are accepted outside the queue," said Titov.
He added that visas can be issued on the same day, which will drastically shorten the waiting time, which normally could take several days and sometimes weeks.
The Black Sea resort of Sochi will host the 22nd Winter Olympic Games, Feb 7-23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back