Russia to play Uruguay for final World Cup spot
Paris: Russia will play Uruguay in a two-legged play-off for the final spot at the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
The Russians, bidding to reach a second consecutive tournament, beat Zimbabwe 23-15 in the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk while Uruguay ran out 28-3 winners over Hong Kong in Montevideo.
Russia now play Uruguay, who played in the 1999 and 2003 World Cups, for the right to join hosts England, Australia, Wales and Fiji in a daunting Pool A at RWC 2015.
The dates for the home and away play-offs have yet to be decided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!