Russia to play Uruguay for final World Cup spot
Paris: Russia will play Uruguay in a two-legged play-off for the final spot at the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
The Russians, bidding to reach a second consecutive tournament, beat Zimbabwe 23-15 in the Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk while Uruguay ran out 28-3 winners over Hong Kong in Montevideo.
Russia now play Uruguay, who played in the 1999 and 2003 World Cups, for the right to join hosts England, Australia, Wales and Fiji in a daunting Pool A at RWC 2015.
The dates for the home and away play-offs have yet to be decided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged