Russian basketball player`s Olympic medal stolen
Moscow: A bronze medal was stolen from a Russian basketball player who recently led the national team to third place in the Olympics.
Vitaly Fridzon, 26, told police that his home outside Moscow was broken into while he was out, and that the thieves also took watches, a laptop, a camera and an iPad.
Fridzon, who also serves as captain of the Khimki club in the Russian Professional Basketball League, was awarded the "Medal of the Order of Services to the Fatherland" for his performance in the Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- French, US jet fighters destroy Islamic State site in Iraq
- Five years on, bin Laden doctor languishes in Pakistan jail