Russian basketball player`s Olympic medal stolen
Moscow: A bronze medal was stolen from a Russian basketball player who recently led the national team to third place in the Olympics.
Vitaly Fridzon, 26, told police that his home outside Moscow was broken into while he was out, and that the thieves also took watches, a laptop, a camera and an iPad.
Fridzon, who also serves as captain of the Khimki club in the Russian Professional Basketball League, was awarded the "Medal of the Order of Services to the Fatherland" for his performance in the Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!