Russian basketball player`s Olympic medal stolen
Moscow: A bronze medal was stolen from a Russian basketball player who recently led the national team to third place in the Olympics.
Vitaly Fridzon, 26, told police that his home outside Moscow was broken into while he was out, and that the thieves also took watches, a laptop, a camera and an iPad.
Fridzon, who also serves as captain of the Khimki club in the Russian Professional Basketball League, was awarded the "Medal of the Order of Services to the Fatherland" for his performance in the Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing