Russian basketball player`s Olympic medal stolen
Moscow: A bronze medal was stolen from a Russian basketball player who recently led the national team to third place in the Olympics.
Vitaly Fridzon, 26, told police that his home outside Moscow was broken into while he was out, and that the thieves also took watches, a laptop, a camera and an iPad.
Fridzon, who also serves as captain of the Khimki club in the Russian Professional Basketball League, was awarded the "Medal of the Order of Services to the Fatherland" for his performance in the Olympics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured