Russian boxer banned for doping
Moscow: Russia`s national junior amateur boxing champion Vladimir Shishkin has been suspended for six months for a doping offence, the country`s anti-doping agency said.
Shishkin was among four boxers suspended due to the "presence of a forbidden substance" in their samples.
The Russian Boxing Federation said the ban would be in force from Dec 5, 2011, thereby releasing the 20-year-old boxer to fight from May, the RUSADA agency said.
The boxer won the national junior heavyweight title last year.
He would now represent the Moscow city team in the senior national championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees