Russian boxer banned for doping
Moscow: Russia`s national junior amateur boxing champion Vladimir Shishkin has been suspended for six months for a doping offence, the country`s anti-doping agency said.
Shishkin was among four boxers suspended due to the "presence of a forbidden substance" in their samples.
The Russian Boxing Federation said the ban would be in force from Dec 5, 2011, thereby releasing the 20-year-old boxer to fight from May, the RUSADA agency said.
The boxer won the national junior heavyweight title last year.
He would now represent the Moscow city team in the senior national championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble