Russian boxer banned for doping
Moscow: Russia`s national junior amateur boxing champion Vladimir Shishkin has been suspended for six months for a doping offence, the country`s anti-doping agency said.
Shishkin was among four boxers suspended due to the "presence of a forbidden substance" in their samples.
The Russian Boxing Federation said the ban would be in force from Dec 5, 2011, thereby releasing the 20-year-old boxer to fight from May, the RUSADA agency said.
The boxer won the national junior heavyweight title last year.
He would now represent the Moscow city team in the senior national championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- US government seeks ban on swimming with Hawaii dolphins
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton exchange angry charges of racism
- Hospitals won`t bill Florida nightclub shooting victims
- New Syrian rebel advance against IS may take months, commander says
- Hundreds challenge human pyramid limits at Indian Hindu festival