Russian boxer banned for doping
Moscow: Russia`s national junior amateur boxing champion Vladimir Shishkin has been suspended for six months for a doping offence, the country`s anti-doping agency said.
Shishkin was among four boxers suspended due to the "presence of a forbidden substance" in their samples.
The Russian Boxing Federation said the ban would be in force from Dec 5, 2011, thereby releasing the 20-year-old boxer to fight from May, the RUSADA agency said.
The boxer won the national junior heavyweight title last year.
He would now represent the Moscow city team in the senior national championships.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!