Russian boxer banned for doping
Moscow: Russia`s national junior amateur boxing champion Vladimir Shishkin has been suspended for six months for a doping offence, the country`s anti-doping agency said.
Shishkin was among four boxers suspended due to the "presence of a forbidden substance" in their samples.
The Russian Boxing Federation said the ban would be in force from Dec 5, 2011, thereby releasing the 20-year-old boxer to fight from May, the RUSADA agency said.
The boxer won the national junior heavyweight title last year.
He would now represent the Moscow city team in the senior national championships.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?