Russian boxer charged with manslaughter
Moscow: A Russian boxer suspected of killing a man in a fight outside a nightclub has been charged with manslaughter, investigators said Tuesday.
The 22-year-old suspect, Valery Tretyakov, faces up to 15 years in prison over the weekend incident near the Ural Mountains city of Yekaterinburg.
"He`s been charged," a spokesman for the Sverdlovsk regional branch of the Investigative Committee said. "He explained what happened that night during a check of the evidence at the scene."
"He has made a partial confession."
The body of a man in his late 20s was found with facial bruising outside a club in Kamensk-Uralsky town early Sunday morning, police spokesperson Valery Gorelykh said earlier.
The two men came to blows after getting into conflict in the Shokolad nightclub, presumably over a girl, Gorelykh said.
The boxer fled the scene but was later found with relatives.
The investigators` spokesperson said authorities were considered whether to remand the suspect in custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed