Russian boxer charged with manslaughter
Moscow: A Russian boxer suspected of killing a man in a fight outside a nightclub has been charged with manslaughter, investigators said Tuesday.
The 22-year-old suspect, Valery Tretyakov, faces up to 15 years in prison over the weekend incident near the Ural Mountains city of Yekaterinburg.
"He`s been charged," a spokesman for the Sverdlovsk regional branch of the Investigative Committee said. "He explained what happened that night during a check of the evidence at the scene."
"He has made a partial confession."
The body of a man in his late 20s was found with facial bruising outside a club in Kamensk-Uralsky town early Sunday morning, police spokesperson Valery Gorelykh said earlier.
The two men came to blows after getting into conflict in the Shokolad nightclub, presumably over a girl, Gorelykh said.
The boxer fled the scene but was later found with relatives.
The investigators` spokesperson said authorities were considered whether to remand the suspect in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC