Russian`s London Olympics silver medalist faces 10-yr ban over doping charges
London: Russia`s world discus champion Darya Pishchalnikova will reportedly be facing losing her London 2012 Olympic silver medal and a ban for 10 years from the sport for failing a drug test.
Pishchalnikova has tested positive for banned anabolic steroid Oxandrolone in samples taken in a second test after the test results of an earlier sample showed negative results.
Pishchalnikova, who won the 2011 world title in the women`s discus in Daegu and finished second at London 2012, has already served a doping ban of two years and nine months from July 2008 to April 2011.
According to the report, the leading female Russian athlete was also found guilty of manipulating drug samples before the 2008 Olympics in Beijing.
Scotland`s 800m runner Lynsey Sharp said that many athletes are taking to drugs and are not even convicted of the same, insisting that doping is a major issue for athletes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!