Ryan Lochte injures knee after `freak accident` with fan
Washington: US Olympic swimming champion Ryan Lochte had reportedly injured his left knee following a `freak` accident involving an excited fan.
The tall swimmer was in Florida on Sunday when a teenage girl saw him and ran towards him.
According to People Magazine, although Lochte caught the girl but they both toppled over, and while the girl was unharmed, the swimmer hit his left knee on the curb and injured it.
Lochte`s publicist said that the athlete has suffered a torn medial collateral ligament (MCL) and an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened