Ryan Lochte injures knee after `freak accident` with fan
Washington: US Olympic swimming champion Ryan Lochte had reportedly injured his left knee following a `freak` accident involving an excited fan.
The tall swimmer was in Florida on Sunday when a teenage girl saw him and ran towards him.
According to People Magazine, although Lochte caught the girl but they both toppled over, and while the girl was unharmed, the swimmer hit his left knee on the curb and injured it.
Lochte`s publicist said that the athlete has suffered a torn medial collateral ligament (MCL) and an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off