Ryan Lochte injures knee after `freak accident` with fan
Washington: US Olympic swimming champion Ryan Lochte had reportedly injured his left knee following a `freak` accident involving an excited fan.
The tall swimmer was in Florida on Sunday when a teenage girl saw him and ran towards him.
According to People Magazine, although Lochte caught the girl but they both toppled over, and while the girl was unharmed, the swimmer hit his left knee on the curb and injured it.
Lochte`s publicist said that the athlete has suffered a torn medial collateral ligament (MCL) and an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) sprain and will be taking a break from training and competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India-origin student tops CBSE class 12 result in Singapore
- Trump's San Diego rally draws more than 1,000 chanting protesters
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif to undergo open heart surgery; PM Modi wishes speedy recovery
- North Korean leader's aunt runs dry-cleaning store in New York
- North Korea warns South Korea of retaliatory strikes