Sacked Nobbs to conduct coaching clinic in Patiala
New Delhi: India`s sacked hockey coach Michael Nobbs will be conducting a coaching clinic for diploma students at the National Institute of Sports (NIS) Patiala while serving his notice period till Aug 7.
Sports Authority of India (SAI) said on Thursday that the Australian has been made part of the faculty at NIS Patiala.
"As per his contract, Nobbs will have to serve a notice period. So we thought the best way to utilise his experience was by making him part of the faculty at NIS Patiala. He will have a coaching clinic with the diploma students till August 7, when his contract ends," Thomson said.
Nobbs was sacked last week after the team`s series of dismal performances over the last 12 months. Nobbs returned to India, Monday, to settle his dues.
The decision to sack the Australian was taken during a review meeting of the team`s overall performance by the SAI. Nobbs, who was appointed in June 2011, was removed with three years still remaining of his contract.
Under Nobbs, the team lost all its matches during the 2012 London Olympics and finished a disappointing last among the 12 competing teams. Last month, India were sixth in the FIH World League Round 3 tournament in Rotterdam.
Nobbs` biggest achievement was taking India, who had missed the Beijing Games for the first time in 80 years, back to the Olympics by winning the qualifier on home soil. The team also finished fourth during the 2012 Champions Trophy.
HI high-performance manager Roelant Oltmans has been given the charge of the team while Olympic gold medallist Maharaj Krishan Kaushik has been appointed the national coach. The Dutch legend is now in charge of the national camp in Bangalore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA