Sadhotra asks for greater participation of youth in sports
Jammu: Insisting that physical growth was imperative for agile mind, Minister for Planning, Labour and Employment Ajay Kumar Sadhotra on Sunday urged youth to participate in sports in a big way along with pursuing academics.
He added that government has taken various initiatives to promote sports and said that there was no dearth of talented sportspersons in the state.
"Government has taken various initiatives to promote sports and providing best possible support to the talented sports persons. The state has no dearth of talented young men and young girls having potential, they need right opportunity to demonstrate their skills on a larger canvass," Sadhotra said during a prize distribution function in March Block here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing