Sadhotra asks for greater participation of youth in sports
Jammu: Insisting that physical growth was imperative for agile mind, Minister for Planning, Labour and Employment Ajay Kumar Sadhotra on Sunday urged youth to participate in sports in a big way along with pursuing academics.
He added that government has taken various initiatives to promote sports and said that there was no dearth of talented sportspersons in the state.
"Government has taken various initiatives to promote sports and providing best possible support to the talented sports persons. The state has no dearth of talented young men and young girls having potential, they need right opportunity to demonstrate their skills on a larger canvass," Sadhotra said during a prize distribution function in March Block here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof