SAI coach booked on charges of harassing female wrestler
Hisar: Police on Saturday registered a case against a coach at the Sports Authority of India`s (SAI) Hisar centre for allegedly harassing a teenage woman wrestler.
The complainant alleged Satbir Panghal, under whom she was undergoing training, used to do obscene acts, make vulgar speeches and sexually harass her and other women wrestlers, aged between 14 to 18 years, police sources said.
Panghal has been booked under various sections of the IPC and the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO), on a complaint of the wrestler.
No arrest has been made so far and police are probing the matter, said Bimla Devi, in-charge of Women`s Cell of police.
Meanwhile, Panghal refuted the charges levelled against him by the woman wrestler and called it a "conspiracy" against him. "I am ready to face any type of investigation," he told reporters here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder