SAI probe rules out sexual harassment of jr women wrestlers
New Delhi: The Sports Authority of India`s inquiry committee on the alleged sexual harassment of junior women wrestlers has concluded that no such incident has happened and it was the rivalry between coaches that led to the entire controversy.
SAI Director General Desh Deepak Verma told PTI that a probe has now been ordered to find out who concocted the entire controversy.
The inquiry committee headed by SAI`s Lucknow regional director Rachana Govil submitted its report to the DG earlier this week, in which it came to the conclusion that the alleged sexual harassment never took place.
"The report has been submitted to my office this week by the inquiry committee. It, however, doesn`t mention who was actually behind the whole episode. So I have ordered further probe into the matter to establish the fact that who was behind it and why he did so," Verma said today.
"It was made amply clear to us that rivalry between the coaches led to the incident, but who masterminded it, that has not been mentioned in the report. I want the name of specific coach or the person who bought bad name to the game. We will take strict action against the culprit and will not spare him," Verma added.
The DG also informed that all the four girls have withdrawn their complaint.
"All four girls wrestlers have withdrawn their complaint and the girl in whose room this alleged incident took place has told SAI investigators that she was unnecessarily dragged into this controversy and no such incident ever took place. She maintained that her signature had been forged," he said.
The SAI had earlier this month suspended a wrestling coach after some of the girls, training under him, levelled sexual harassment charges against him.
The incident allegedly took place during the training camp held in Lucknow from April 30 to May 25, ahead of Asian Junior Wrestling Championship in Kazakhstan, following which the SAI formed a three-member inquiry committee to investigate the matter.