SAI ties up with Australian Sports Academy
New Delhi: The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has joined hands with Australian Sports Academy (ASA) for its swimming academy and academic wing at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Swimming Pool Complex (SPMSPC) here.
Australia-based ASA is a go vernment registered training organisation (RTO), a subsidiary of VETEA (Vocational Education Training and Employment Australia).
"SAI in consultation with ASA shall define the training module for its national swimming academy which shall be scientific, sustainable and systematic for broad basing swimming as discipline not only at its national academy but also through its satellite academies which are being identified by SAI," said SAI in a statement.
ASA will not only ensure training, management and performance analysis of trainees but will also be responsible for assessing the performance of the foreign coaches on the deliverables such as time lines and meeting of targets, the statment added.
It further said that skill enhancement and training of workforce will also be a part of the ASA`s deliverable.
Under the umbrella of the National Swimming Academy (NSA), all related verticals such as sports sciences, sports medicine, training of junior, sub-junior and senior teams, diploma and certificate courses for aquatic sports and fitness will be executed.
Sports science and sports medicine facility will be created at SPMSPC with help from ASA and Defence Institute of Physiology and Applied Sciences, Ministry of Defence.
A two way plan is being designed for promoting sports tourism between India and Australia and it will include extension of sports infrastructure for training of teams and individuals in India and Australia, said SAI in the release.
A brand ambassador would be identified by ASA for the National Swimming Academy, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre