SAI to open four new training centres
New Delhi: The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has proposed to open new athletes training centres in Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Meham (Haryana) and New Raipur (Chhattisgarh).
SAI, the nodal agency of the union sports ministry, is already running 58 training centres across India besides 20 special area games centres and 10 centres of excellence (COE).
"With presently available resources, SAI`s first priority is to strengthen and consolidate its existing centres and remove their deficiencies," Sports Minister Jitendra Singh said in a response to a question asked in the Lok Sabha.
"The second priority is to open new centres in areas in which SAI is not present. Therefore, SAI is currently consolidating its centres at Dimpapur, Rajnandgaon, Alwar, Alleppy, Shillong and Jagatpur. And it proposes to open new centres at Chhindwara, Jaipur, Meham and New Raipur," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!