SAI to open four new training centres
New Delhi: The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has proposed to open new athletes training centres in Chhindwara (Madhya Pradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Meham (Haryana) and New Raipur (Chhattisgarh).
SAI, the nodal agency of the union sports ministry, is already running 58 training centres across India besides 20 special area games centres and 10 centres of excellence (COE).
"With presently available resources, SAI`s first priority is to strengthen and consolidate its existing centres and remove their deficiencies," Sports Minister Jitendra Singh said in a response to a question asked in the Lok Sabha.
"The second priority is to open new centres in areas in which SAI is not present. Therefore, SAI is currently consolidating its centres at Dimpapur, Rajnandgaon, Alwar, Alleppy, Shillong and Jagatpur. And it proposes to open new centres at Chhindwara, Jaipur, Meham and New Raipur," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards