Saina again pulls out of Nationals
New Delhi: Star shuttler Saina Nehwal has pulled out of the ATS 78th Senior National badminton championship due to illness.
Saina had entered the Nationals fray after a gap of five years and was expected to be the top draw of the competition to be played at the Siri Fort Sports Complex from Dec 20-23.
Confirming this, Badminton Association of India Vice President (administration) TPS Puri said, "I had a talk with Saina this morning. She is down with fever and chest congestion. She has been advised rest by doctors hence she is not going to play in the nationals."
Saina last played in the 2007 National championships in Patna.
The world number 6 has also decided to pull out of next month`s Korea Super Series.
"She will also not be taking part in the Korean Open as her fitness is to be accessed," Puri added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened