Saina delighted to play with Taufik
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal is delighted to be part of the same team as former Olympic and world champion Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia at the upcoming Indian Badminton League (IBL).
“Taufik is a role model and a driving force in the game. I am really happy to be part of Hyderabad Hotshots and I was thrilled once he was also included,” said Saina, who is currently preparing for the Aug 5-11 World Championships in Guangzhou.
The 23-year-old, who was bagged for $120,000 in the IBL players auction, said she was looking forward to train with the legendary Indonesian.
“Getting to train and play along with him is going to be brilliant. It will be the best part about playing the league,” said the World No.3.
“Fans would love to watch him on courts. I know Taufik sir since I joined the game. He is known for his wrist play while his back strokes are matchless and so nicely and accurately hit. His net play and court coverage too are unparalleled."
"I remember playing with him as a mixed double partner for an exhibition match in Syed Modi Memorial tournament in Lucknow in 2009. I have great memories of that match,” added the Hyderabadi.
About the Indonesian, Saina said, “He is extremely energetic on the court and makes badminton look easy and simple. I am sure his presence will be a great morale booster to the team.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city