Saina gains a place to be World No.3
New Delhi: Ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal gained a place to be World No.3 in women`s singles in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released Thursday.
Apart from Saina two other Indian shuttlers figure in the top 50. While P.V. Sindhu remains at 12, Nagpur girl Arundhati Pantawane broke into the top-50 for the first time as she made a remarkable jump of 10 places to be ranked 49th.
In the men`s singles, Parupalli Kashyap remained India`s top-ranked men`s player despite dropping two places to be 13th.
After a string of good performances, R.M.V. Gurusaidutt moved up a place to reach career-best No.22 while Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram also jumped a place to be 24.
Madhya Pradesh`s Sourabh Verma retains 37 while Andhra boy B. Sai Praneeth jumped five places to a career-best 40th.
Thailand Open winner Kidambi Srikanth also moved up a place to a be at career-high 41. However, Mumbai`s Anand Pawar dropped five places to 43.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack