Saina in quarterfinals of Malaysia Open
New Delhi: Indian ace Saina Nehwal didn`t break much sweat against Chinese Taipei`s Shao Chieh Cheng and notched up a straight-game victory to reach the quarterfinal of the Malaysian Super Series in Kuala Lumpur.
The fourth seeded Indian rode on her smashes and better net play to outwit Cheng 21-19, 21-8 in a 31-minute match in women`s singles.
The world number four Indian will next meet two-time All England champion Tine Baun of Denmark tomorrow.
Saina took time to get off the block and after lagging 2-6 initially, the Indian was left to do the catch-up act for most part of game.
The Chinese Taipei girl held the lead throughout the game before losing it at the end as a dominant Saina reeled off six straight points to zoom from 15-19 to pocket the game.
She continued her dominance in the second game too as she didn`t give any chance to her rival to make any sort of recovery after opening up a three-point lead in the beginning and in no time eased into the quarterfinals.
Saina had also reached the quarterfinals last week at the Korea Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday