Saina in quarterfinals of the All England Ch`ship
Birmingham: India`s top badminton star Saina Nehwal laboured past American Beiwen Zhang in testing three games to reach the women`s singles quarter-finals of the All-England badminton championships, here.
The seventh seed Saina defeated the American qualifier 24-22, 18-21, 21-19 in an hour in the second round contest to keep the Indian flag flying in the prestigious championship on Thursday night.
The Commonwealth Games gold medallist next faces fourth seed Chinese Wang Shixian, brushed aside the challenge of Ireland`s Chloe Magee of 21-15, 21-12 in her second round match.
Saina, who is the only Indian left in the championships, said that she was struggling to sleep properly because her room was cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Waqar Younis blames Shahid Afridi for T20 losses, wants Umar Akmal axed from team
- 35 mn talked about Indian assembly polls on Facebook; BJP most discussed party
- Sensex sweats as BoJ holds off on stimulus, skids 160 points
- Indian artist Sudarsan Pattnaik bags gold medal at sand art contest in Moscow
- India's B-schools disaster: Only 7 percent graduates employable, says Assocham