Saina in quarterfinals of the All England Ch`ship
Birmingham: India`s top badminton star Saina Nehwal laboured past American Beiwen Zhang in testing three games to reach the women`s singles quarter-finals of the All-England badminton championships, here.
The seventh seed Saina defeated the American qualifier 24-22, 18-21, 21-19 in an hour in the second round contest to keep the Indian flag flying in the prestigious championship on Thursday night.
The Commonwealth Games gold medallist next faces fourth seed Chinese Wang Shixian, brushed aside the challenge of Ireland`s Chloe Magee of 21-15, 21-12 in her second round match.
Saina, who is the only Indian left in the championships, said that she was struggling to sleep properly because her room was cold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption