Saina Nehwal crashes out in quarters of All-England Championship
Birmingham: India`s campaign came to a premature halt in the All-England Badminton Championship with country`s ace shuttler Saina Nehwal bowing out in the quarterfinals of the women`s singles event, here.
Seventh seeded Saina lost in straight games 17-21 10-21 against Chinese fourth seed Shixian Wang in last night`s quarterfinal duel which lasted for 43 minutes.
In the semi-finals, Wang will take on compatriot and second seed Yihan Wang, who beat Korea`s Yeon Ju Bae 21-8 21-13 in another quarterfinal contest.
Saina was the only India left in the championships as World No. 10 P V Sindhu found the going tough on her debut and lost to Sun Yu of China in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- View from space: Bahamas reef looks like a watercolor painting!
- Madame Tussauds to unveil PM Narendra Modi's wax statue in London today
- WATCH: Hilarious! Chris Gayle performs on 'Champion' song; asks fans to contact him for bookings
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!