Saina Nehwal crashes out in quarters of All-England Championship
Birmingham: India`s campaign came to a premature halt in the All-England Badminton Championship with country`s ace shuttler Saina Nehwal bowing out in the quarterfinals of the women`s singles event, here.
Seventh seeded Saina lost in straight games 17-21 10-21 against Chinese fourth seed Shixian Wang in last night`s quarterfinal duel which lasted for 43 minutes.
In the semi-finals, Wang will take on compatriot and second seed Yihan Wang, who beat Korea`s Yeon Ju Bae 21-8 21-13 in another quarterfinal contest.
Saina was the only India left in the championships as World No. 10 P V Sindhu found the going tough on her debut and lost to Sun Yu of China in the first round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi