Saina Nehwal drops to World No.9
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal`s decision to skip the Japan Open Super Series has cost her a place in the latest women`s singles rankings released by the Badminton World Federation (BWF) Thursday.
The 24-year-old Saina sits at World No.9 and is only one position above compatriot P.V. Sindhu, who retained her No.10 position in a list led by Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China.
Meanwhile, Parupalli Kashyap has risen two places to World No.18 but Kidambi Srikanth`s loss of form has resulted in his dropping six places to No.29 and out of the top-25. The rankings are led by Malaysia`s Lee Chong Wei.
No Indian figures in the top-25 of the men`s, women`s and mixed doubles rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur