Saina Nehwal offers prayers at Tirumala temple
Tirupati: London Olympics bronze medallist shuttler Saina Nehwal on Sunday offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here.
Nehwal, accompanied by her father Harvir Singh, arrived here last night. Both offered prayers at the temple this morning, temple sources said.
The badminton star was presented with a sacred silk cloth and prasadams by the top officials of the Tirumala Tirupati Devastanam, which manages the temple, the sources said.
Later talking to reporters, Nehwal said she won the medal at the London olympics "with the blessings of Lord Venkateswara and reached here to offer her thanks giving obeisance to the Lord.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog