Saina Nehwal offers prayers at Tirumala temple
Tirupati: London Olympics bronze medallist shuttler Saina Nehwal on Sunday offered prayers at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at Tirumala near here.
Nehwal, accompanied by her father Harvir Singh, arrived here last night. Both offered prayers at the temple this morning, temple sources said.
The badminton star was presented with a sacred silk cloth and prasadams by the top officials of the Tirumala Tirupati Devastanam, which manages the temple, the sources said.
Later talking to reporters, Nehwal said she won the medal at the London olympics "with the blessings of Lord Venkateswara and reached here to offer her thanks giving obeisance to the Lord.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi