Saina Nehwal plans badminton academy in Bangalore
Bangalore: Saina Nehwal on Wednesday said she plans to set up a badminton academy as there is a lot of interest in the garden city.
The world No 4 shuttler said she is in discussion with real estate firm Commune India and sports company Target Games Facilities for such a venture.
"With their support, I hope to do something well for badminton in Bangalore. I can see the interest (in Bangalore)," the London Olympics bronze medallist told reporters here.
Bangalore has been a very good place for badminton, the 22-year-old said, citing the example of Prakash Padukone Academy.
"In future, I also hope to support badminton in an big way in Bangalore and hope youngsters get more motivated and do well," she said.
"I feel if I can do it, everyone of us can also do it," she concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid