Saina Nehwal plans badminton academy in Bangalore
Bangalore: Saina Nehwal on Wednesday said she plans to set up a badminton academy as there is a lot of interest in the garden city.
The world No 4 shuttler said she is in discussion with real estate firm Commune India and sports company Target Games Facilities for such a venture.
"With their support, I hope to do something well for badminton in Bangalore. I can see the interest (in Bangalore)," the London Olympics bronze medallist told reporters here.
Bangalore has been a very good place for badminton, the 22-year-old said, citing the example of Prakash Padukone Academy.
"In future, I also hope to support badminton in an big way in Bangalore and hope youngsters get more motivated and do well," she said.
"I feel if I can do it, everyone of us can also do it," she concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with India's first NBA player Satnam Singh
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra