Saina Nehwal plans badminton academy in Bangalore
Bangalore: Saina Nehwal on Wednesday said she plans to set up a badminton academy as there is a lot of interest in the garden city.
The world No 4 shuttler said she is in discussion with real estate firm Commune India and sports company Target Games Facilities for such a venture.
"With their support, I hope to do something well for badminton in Bangalore. I can see the interest (in Bangalore)," the London Olympics bronze medallist told reporters here.
Bangalore has been a very good place for badminton, the 22-year-old said, citing the example of Prakash Padukone Academy.
"In future, I also hope to support badminton in an big way in Bangalore and hope youngsters get more motivated and do well," she said.
"I feel if I can do it, everyone of us can also do it," she concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing