Saina Nehwal rises to 2nd, Parupalli Kashyap in top-10 of BWF rankings
New Delhi: Olympic bronze-medallist Saina Nehwal attained a new high as she climbed to a career-best second in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
Saina gained a rung to be second with 80091.7444 points.
The Indian, who is currently competing in the Malaysia Open Super Series, is a distant second to top-placed Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China who has 94626.7153 points.
In the men`s list, Olympic quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap also headed northwards as he reached a career-high 10th.
Kashyap, who was 11th in the previous rankings, has 51986.6900 points and is the only Indian in the top-25 of the BWF list.
Among other prominent players, rising woman player P V Sindhu, rose a rung to 16th with 43116.8667 points.
In the men`s list, the next Indian after Kashyap is Ajay Jayaram at the 31st spot.
Jayaram dropped one position in the latest rankings with 37692.0000 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report