Saina Nehwal rises to 2nd, Parupalli Kashyap in top-10 of BWF rankings
New Delhi: Olympic bronze-medallist Saina Nehwal attained a new high as she climbed to a career-best second in the latest Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
Saina gained a rung to be second with 80091.7444 points.
The Indian, who is currently competing in the Malaysia Open Super Series, is a distant second to top-placed Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China who has 94626.7153 points.
In the men`s list, Olympic quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap also headed northwards as he reached a career-high 10th.
Kashyap, who was 11th in the previous rankings, has 51986.6900 points and is the only Indian in the top-25 of the BWF list.
Among other prominent players, rising woman player P V Sindhu, rose a rung to 16th with 43116.8667 points.
In the men`s list, the next Indian after Kashyap is Ajay Jayaram at the 31st spot.
Jayaram dropped one position in the latest rankings with 37692.0000 points.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev