Saina regains number four spot in world ranking
New Delhi: Riding on her semifinal finish at the Japan Open Super Series, Saina Nehwal on Thursday improved a rung to be placed fourth in the latest world badminton ranking.
While the 21-year-old Saina was stunned by Germany`s Juliane Schenk in the last-four stage in Japan, she could not advance beyond the quarterfinals of the World Badminton Championship and China Masters.
Commonwealth Games bronze medallist P Kashyap and Ajay Jayaram, who had a decent quarterfinal finish at the world championship, also surged one place ahead in the ranking to be placed 22nd and 24th respectively.
Jwala Gutta and V Diju, who reached the semifinals of China Masters, zoomed six places to 29th place, while Jwala abd Ashini Ponnappa were in 16th position, improving two places in the latest ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Philippine Abu Sayyaf kidnapped 5 sailors, Malaysia says
- Read –Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer's letter to employees
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: 'Naira' Shivangi Joshi & 'Kartik' Mohsin Khan in love?
- Pakistan needles India again, seeks independent probe into Burhan Wani's 'extra-judicial' killing
- Season's first dengue death reported in Delhi