Saina regains number four spot in world ranking
New Delhi: Riding on her semifinal finish at the Japan Open Super Series, Saina Nehwal on Thursday improved a rung to be placed fourth in the latest world badminton ranking.
While the 21-year-old Saina was stunned by Germany`s Juliane Schenk in the last-four stage in Japan, she could not advance beyond the quarterfinals of the World Badminton Championship and China Masters.
Commonwealth Games bronze medallist P Kashyap and Ajay Jayaram, who had a decent quarterfinal finish at the world championship, also surged one place ahead in the ranking to be placed 22nd and 24th respectively.
Jwala Gutta and V Diju, who reached the semifinals of China Masters, zoomed six places to 29th place, while Jwala abd Ashini Ponnappa were in 16th position, improving two places in the latest ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic begins title defence with a solid victory
- Shiva Thapa, Manoj Kumar can win gold at Rio Olympics: Vikas Krishan
- Rajinikanth doing well, in US for medical test: Brother
- Pakistan admits stalling India's NSG bid; says will not back down from 'principled stand' on Kashmir
- Euro 2016: Italy vs Spain - As it happened...