Saina regains number four spot in world ranking
New Delhi: Riding on her semifinal finish at the Japan Open Super Series, Saina Nehwal on Thursday improved a rung to be placed fourth in the latest world badminton ranking.
While the 21-year-old Saina was stunned by Germany`s Juliane Schenk in the last-four stage in Japan, she could not advance beyond the quarterfinals of the World Badminton Championship and China Masters.
Commonwealth Games bronze medallist P Kashyap and Ajay Jayaram, who had a decent quarterfinal finish at the world championship, also surged one place ahead in the ranking to be placed 22nd and 24th respectively.
Jwala Gutta and V Diju, who reached the semifinals of China Masters, zoomed six places to 29th place, while Jwala abd Ashini Ponnappa were in 16th position, improving two places in the latest ranking.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of IS video proving the authenticity of Batla House encounter
- DNA: Analysis of how adulterated food is putting people's lives at risk
- DNA: How Potassium Bromate and Potassium Iodate in breads can cause cancer
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!
- NEET Ordinances get President's assent, decks cleared for UG medical admissions by states
- Subhash Chandra steps down as chairman of Zee Media