Saina retains third place in rankings
New Delhi: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal retained her third place in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) women`s rankings released Friday.
Saina recently lost in the final of the French Open Super Series to Japan`s Minatsu Mitani after winning the Denmark Open Super Series Premier in October.
Another Hyderabadi, P.V. Sindhu retained her 25th position on the table.
Among the men, London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap and Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram also held on to 23rd and 27th positions, respectively. Sourabh Verma, who hails from Dhar, Madhya Pradesh, dropped a place to 33.
In the men`s doubles, Kerala shuttlers K.T. Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas gained a place to be 27th.
Jwala Gutta, who is taking a sabbatical from the badminton tour currently, still figures in the women`s and mixed doubles rankings.
In women`s, Jwala and Ashwini Ponnappa are ranked 21st while in mixed doubles she is 19th with V. Diju.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal