Saina retains third place in rankings
New Delhi: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal retained her third place in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) women`s rankings released Friday.
Saina recently lost in the final of the French Open Super Series to Japan`s Minatsu Mitani after winning the Denmark Open Super Series Premier in October.
Another Hyderabadi, P.V. Sindhu retained her 25th position on the table.
Among the men, London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap and Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram also held on to 23rd and 27th positions, respectively. Sourabh Verma, who hails from Dhar, Madhya Pradesh, dropped a place to 33.
In the men`s doubles, Kerala shuttlers K.T. Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas gained a place to be 27th.
Jwala Gutta, who is taking a sabbatical from the badminton tour currently, still figures in the women`s and mixed doubles rankings.
In women`s, Jwala and Ashwini Ponnappa are ranked 21st while in mixed doubles she is 19th with V. Diju.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why