Saina retains third place in world rankings
Lucknow: London Olympics bronze medallist, India`s Saina Nehwal has retained her third place in the latest world badminton rankings announced today.
Saina had a chance of equalling her best-ever ranking of No.2 and finishing the largely successful year on a high but some of the results in the recent tournaments she participated did not go in her favour.
She lost in the semi-finals of the World Super Series Finals in China last week and retired controversially from the first round of the ongoing Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold Championship here.
Meanwhile, another rising star from Hyderabad, PV Sindhu dropped a place to be ranked 24th on the ranking chart.
Reigning Olympic champion Li Xuerui replaced compatriot and current World Champion Wang Yihan as the World No.1.
In the men`s singles, London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap held on to his 20th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling