Saina retains third place in world rankings
Lucknow: London Olympics bronze medallist, India`s Saina Nehwal has retained her third place in the latest world badminton rankings announced today.
Saina had a chance of equalling her best-ever ranking of No.2 and finishing the largely successful year on a high but some of the results in the recent tournaments she participated did not go in her favour.
She lost in the semi-finals of the World Super Series Finals in China last week and retired controversially from the first round of the ongoing Syed Modi International India Grand Prix Gold Championship here.
Meanwhile, another rising star from Hyderabad, PV Sindhu dropped a place to be ranked 24th on the ranking chart.
Reigning Olympic champion Li Xuerui replaced compatriot and current World Champion Wang Yihan as the World No.1.
In the men`s singles, London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap held on to his 20th position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh