Saina says she was confident of winning start
New Delhi: Saina Nehwal said she was aware of the shortcomings of her rival as she made a confident start to the Indian Open Super Series by defeating Hong Kong?s Pui Yin Yip 21-14, 21-6, here on Wednesday.
"I have defeated her for the third or fourth time easily. I am confident of my smashes and I settled quickly today. She doesn`t defend well and made some easy mistakes. I think she has a mental block because she generally plays well against the top seeds," Saina said.
Saina though said she never took her rival lightly.
"She sometimes is very erratic. But you have to be always up on your feet as she can change her game anytime. In the first set she was good. She plays fast and her smashes are very dangerous," she said.
"The court was very fast today. Usually we are more used to playing in slower courts but today the shuttle was going out and going sideways too often, so I had to play with a lot more control," she added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan