Saina, Sindhu retain positions in Badminton World Federation rankings
New Delhi: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal and rising shuttler P V Sindhu have retained their respective second and 13th spots in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) rankings released on Thursday.
London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap has also maintained his 11th position in the men`s singles list.
Sindhu, who rose two places to reach her career-best No.13 last week, recently lifted her maiden Grand Prix Gold title in Malaysia, but that did not help her gain any position in the list.
Meanwhile, R M V Gurusaidutt climbed up a spot to 27 and K Srikanth gained five places to be 47.
But Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram, Madhya Pradesh`s Sourabh Varma and Anand Pawar lost points.
Jayaram lost three places to be at 30, while Varma and Pawar, after climbing down a position each, were at 36th and 43rd psoitions, respectively.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed