Saina, Sindhu retain positions
New Delhi: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal retained her second position in the world rankings despite making the quarterfinal exit at the Thailand Open in the women`s singles.
Rising teen sensation, P V Sindhu has also maintained her 11th position and is just a step short of breaking into the Top-10 for the first time in her career.
Meanwhile, Mumbai`s Ajay Jayaram jumped three places to 25 while RMV Gurusaidutt gained two places to be placed at 23 in the men`s singles.
London Olympics quarterfinalist, Parupalli Kashyap, who had yesterday crashed out of the Indonesian Super Series Premier after losing his campaign opener, retained his No.10 position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- President, PM Modi greet nation on Janmashtami
- Twelve people killed in American University attack: Afghan police
- A Flying Jatt tweet review: First day first show
- Xiaomi MIUI 8 ROM starts rolling out: Know which phones in India will get the update
- Denied help by hospital authorities, Odisha man walks 10-km carrying wife's dead body; WATCH