Saina slides to number 4 in badminton rankings
New Delhi: A prolonged lean patch has taken a toll on Saina Nehwal`s ranking as the Indian shuttler has dropped two places to fourth in the latest women`s singles chart.
Saina on Friday lost the quarter-finals of the Singapore Open Super Series and had also failed to defend her title in Indonesia recently.
Rising star P.V. Sindhu, who pulled out of the Singapore event Open due to an injury, also dropped a place to 12th.
In the men`s singles, Parupalli Kashyap also lost a spot to be 11th while R.M.V. Gurusaidutt and Ajay Jayaram maintained their 23rd and 25th places respectively.
Sourabh Verma gained five places to 37 while Mumbai boy Anand Pawar retained 38th.
Thailand Open winner K Srikkanth improved his ranking by two places as he is 42 now.
B Sai Praneeth, who beat legendary Indonesian Taufik Hidayat in his swansong tournament was closely chasing Srikkanth as he is just three placed behind his compatriot after zooming up 16 places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional