Saina stands by under-fire coach Gopichand
Hyderabad: Olympic medallist Saina Nehwal today stood by her coach Pullela Gopichand, who had been accused of "mental harassment" by doubles specialist Prajakta Sawant, stating that she is totally "unaware" about "how these things are coming out."
"Look at me. I am standing here today as World No 3. I would like to thank Gopi Sir for where I am today. I don`t know from where all these things are coming out and I really don`t know what it is," Saina, who was initially reluctant to answer the question priovided her response on the issue.
Prajakta had moved to Bombay High Court yesterday accusing the chief national coach of "mental harassment" after she was denied entry into the national coaching camp at Gopichand`s academy in Hyderabad.
It was a function to announce about the launch of her autobiography that will soon hit the stands, and it will give an insight to how a child prodigy turned into a big star.
The book titled `Playing To Win` traces Nehwal`s journey when he started playing age-group tournaments.
"It is a story about how I started playing at the age of 9 and today at the age of 22 with a Olympic medal in my kitty, what all I did to be here," she told reporters after the launch this evening.
She expressed confidence that the book would be liked by all and inspire a "lot more Saina Nehwals to come out."
Saina said she was assisted by a representative of the publishing house in writing the book.
Saina will next play in China in a Super Series final and tournaments in Korea and Hong Kong and she regrets that she will again have to miss Diwali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!