Saina starts her campaign against Lu Lan
New Delhi: India`s ace shuttler Saina Nehwal will start her title defence in the Singapore Super Series badminton tournament against world number 24 Chinese Lu Lan in the women`s singles Tuesday.
Saina, seeded fourth, would like to put behind the disappointment of her quarterfinal loss in Thailand Open and overcome her inconsistent form and ankle injury.
The Singapore Super Series was one of the three titles the World No.4 won last year. But this year she managed just Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold title and finished runner-up in the Malaysia Super Series.
Saina has also suffered losses against lower ranked players in the last few months, but her past record against Lan will give her some confidence. Saina had defeated her in the opening round of the Thailand Open.
If Saina manages to win the first round, she should make the quarterfinals easily. But in the last eight stage, she can face top seed Chinese Shixian Wang for a place in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach