Saina taxed Rs 70 lakh for unpaid Deccan Chronicle money
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Hyderabad: Saina Nehwal, who was the brand ambassador of Deccan Chronicle, the owner of IPL team Deccan Chargers, is yet to receive money she was supposed to get as part of her endorsement deal with the company.
Saina was the brand ambassador of the Deccan Chronicle before she signed a Rs 40-crore deal with Rhiti Sports in July this year.
Since Deccan Chronicle also managed her endorsement deals, the money she earned through her endorsement deals also used to come through her managers at DC.
As per a report in The Times of India, this year she was supposed to get around Rs 3-4 crore as part of her deal with the DC but has not yet received any money. The tax authorities, however, have served a notice of Rs 70 lakh on her projected annual earnings from her contract with the company.
It is learnt that Saina paid the tax and then approached the DC authorities to pay her the money but has not received any response yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city