Saina taxed Rs 70 lakh for unpaid Deccan Chronicle money
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Hyderabad: Saina Nehwal, who was the brand ambassador of Deccan Chronicle, the owner of IPL team Deccan Chargers, is yet to receive money she was supposed to get as part of her endorsement deal with the company.
Saina was the brand ambassador of the Deccan Chronicle before she signed a Rs 40-crore deal with Rhiti Sports in July this year.
Since Deccan Chronicle also managed her endorsement deals, the money she earned through her endorsement deals also used to come through her managers at DC.
As per a report in The Times of India, this year she was supposed to get around Rs 3-4 crore as part of her deal with the DC but has not yet received any money. The tax authorities, however, have served a notice of Rs 70 lakh on her projected annual earnings from her contract with the company.
It is learnt that Saina paid the tax and then approached the DC authorities to pay her the money but has not received any response yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof