Saina to give Rs 2 lakh to Girisha
New Delhi: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Thursday said that she will give Rs 2 lakh as a token of appreciation to H N Girisha, who has won a silver medal in the ongoing London Paralympics.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, won the medal in the men`s high jump F42 event after clearing 1.74 metres on Monday.
Besides Saina, who has bagged a bronze in the London Olympics last month, the Karnataka government has announced a cash award of Rs 20 lakh to the athlete.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken yesterday announced that Girisha will be offered a job with the Sports Authority of India.
"Paralympic silver medalist Nagaraj to be offered a job of coach in Sports Authority of India at an officer level!," Maken had said on his Twitter feed.
The announcement came a day after Maken said the ministry would award the 24-year-old high jumper with Rs 30 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre