Saina to give Rs 2 lakh to Girisha
New Delhi: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Thursday said that she will give Rs 2 lakh as a token of appreciation to H N Girisha, who has won a silver medal in the ongoing London Paralympics.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, won the medal in the men`s high jump F42 event after clearing 1.74 metres on Monday.
Besides Saina, who has bagged a bronze in the London Olympics last month, the Karnataka government has announced a cash award of Rs 20 lakh to the athlete.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken yesterday announced that Girisha will be offered a job with the Sports Authority of India.
"Paralympic silver medalist Nagaraj to be offered a job of coach in Sports Authority of India at an officer level!," Maken had said on his Twitter feed.
The announcement came a day after Maken said the ministry would award the 24-year-old high jumper with Rs 30 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?