Saina to give Rs 2 lakh to Girisha
New Delhi: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Thursday said that she will give Rs 2 lakh as a token of appreciation to H N Girisha, who has won a silver medal in the ongoing London Paralympics.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, won the medal in the men`s high jump F42 event after clearing 1.74 metres on Monday.
Besides Saina, who has bagged a bronze in the London Olympics last month, the Karnataka government has announced a cash award of Rs 20 lakh to the athlete.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken yesterday announced that Girisha will be offered a job with the Sports Authority of India.
"Paralympic silver medalist Nagaraj to be offered a job of coach in Sports Authority of India at an officer level!," Maken had said on his Twitter feed.
The announcement came a day after Maken said the ministry would award the 24-year-old high jumper with Rs 30 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Japanese truck driver playing Pokemon Go kills pedestrian
- `No radicalisation` in Australia stabbing death: Police
- How to get MIUI 8 update on Xiaomi smartphone: Check out tutorial
- IT'S DISTURBING: Watch little Syrian girl singing before a bomb explodes
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know