Saina to give Rs 2 lakh to Girisha
New Delhi: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal on Thursday said that she will give Rs 2 lakh as a token of appreciation to H N Girisha, who has won a silver medal in the ongoing London Paralympics.
Girisha, who has an impairment in his left leg, won the medal in the men`s high jump F42 event after clearing 1.74 metres on Monday.
Besides Saina, who has bagged a bronze in the London Olympics last month, the Karnataka government has announced a cash award of Rs 20 lakh to the athlete.
Sports Minister Ajay Maken yesterday announced that Girisha will be offered a job with the Sports Authority of India.
"Paralympic silver medalist Nagaraj to be offered a job of coach in Sports Authority of India at an officer level!," Maken had said on his Twitter feed.
The announcement came a day after Maken said the ministry would award the 24-year-old high jumper with Rs 30 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country