Saina to skip Japan Open, Sindu and Kashyap to represent India
New Delhi: After guiding her side Hyderabad Hotshots to inaugural Indian Badminton League title, a `tired` Saina Nehwal has decided to skip Japan Open Super Series tournament as she wants to take proper rest before the European circuit challenge.
In Saina`s absence, fast rising shuttler P V Sindhu will represent India as lone singles player in the meet while P Kashyap will spearhead the men`s team.
In all, an eight-member team has been selected for the event, starting September 17-22 in Tokyo.
"I will not be able to play in Japan. I am tired after playing in the IBL," Saina said.
Sania will next play in Denmark Open, where she is defending champion.
Badminton Association of India has allowed Saina to skip the tournament in Tokyo on the advsie of national coach Pullela Gopichand.
Indian team for Japan Super Series:
Men: P Kashyap, Ajay Jayaram, Sai Praneeth, K Srikanth, Saurabh Verma, Manu Attri, Sumeet Reddy and P V Sindhu.
Coach: Madhumita Bisht.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog