Samresh wins gold in 25m standard pistol, Vijay third
New Delhi: Ace marksman Samresh Jung won gold while Olympic medallist Vijay Kumar settled for a bronze in 25 meter standard pistol event at the 57th National Shooting Championship at Dr Karni Singh Ranges here on Saturday.
Samresh, representing CISF in the championship, shot 576 points to bag the gold. Rajasthan`s Mahaveer Singh won the silver with 569 while Vijay of Army had to be satisfied with bronze on 566 points.
Another international medallist Jaspal Rana of Delhi scored 561 points in the event.
In the junior category of 25 standard pistol, Sunil Gurung of Army clinched the gold with 554 points, ONGC`s Ajitesh Kaushal scored 552 to claim the silver, while Neeraj Kumar of Army bagged the bronze medal with a score of 547.
2008 Olympics gold medallist Abhinav Bindra will participate in 10m air rifle event on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi