Samresh wins gold in 25m standard pistol, Vijay third
New Delhi: Ace marksman Samresh Jung won gold while Olympic medallist Vijay Kumar settled for a bronze in 25 meter standard pistol event at the 57th National Shooting Championship at Dr Karni Singh Ranges here on Saturday.
Samresh, representing CISF in the championship, shot 576 points to bag the gold. Rajasthan`s Mahaveer Singh won the silver with 569 while Vijay of Army had to be satisfied with bronze on 566 points.
Another international medallist Jaspal Rana of Delhi scored 561 points in the event.
In the junior category of 25 standard pistol, Sunil Gurung of Army clinched the gold with 554 points, ONGC`s Ajitesh Kaushal scored 552 to claim the silver, while Neeraj Kumar of Army bagged the bronze medal with a score of 547.
2008 Olympics gold medallist Abhinav Bindra will participate in 10m air rifle event on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea