Sandeep bags gold in Asian All Star Athletics Meet
Almaty (Kazakhstan): Sandeep Singh won a gold in 1500m while triple jumper Arpinder Singh won a silver as India bagged two medals on the second day of the Asian All Star Athletics Meet.
Sandeep clocked 3:51.66 to win the gold, while Kazakhstan`s Artem Kossinov (3:51.73) and Hiroshi Ino of Japan (3:53.23) were second and third respectively.
In the triple jump competition, Arpinder (16.31) had to settle for a silver, even as Roman Valiyev (16.60m) of Kazakhstan bagged the first position. Japan`s Yuma Okabe (16.11) took the bronze.
On Saturday, Asian Games gold medallist Joseph Abraham`s London Olympics dreams were dashed despite winning a gold medal in the men`s 400m hurdles after he clocked 50.22s, which was way below the London Games qualifying `B` standard of 49.80secs.
Another national record holder and London Olympics-bound Tintu Luka finished third in the women`s 800m, clocking 2:01.71s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!
- This Indian business tycoon and wife under high-risk security category!
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment