Sandeep bags gold in Asian All Star Athletics Meet
Almaty (Kazakhstan): Sandeep Singh won a gold in 1500m while triple jumper Arpinder Singh won a silver as India bagged two medals on the second day of the Asian All Star Athletics Meet.
Sandeep clocked 3:51.66 to win the gold, while Kazakhstan`s Artem Kossinov (3:51.73) and Hiroshi Ino of Japan (3:53.23) were second and third respectively.
In the triple jump competition, Arpinder (16.31) had to settle for a silver, even as Roman Valiyev (16.60m) of Kazakhstan bagged the first position. Japan`s Yuma Okabe (16.11) took the bronze.
On Saturday, Asian Games gold medallist Joseph Abraham`s London Olympics dreams were dashed despite winning a gold medal in the men`s 400m hurdles after he clocked 50.22s, which was way below the London Games qualifying `B` standard of 49.80secs.
Another national record holder and London Olympics-bound Tintu Luka finished third in the women`s 800m, clocking 2:01.71s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Gurdaspur terror attack- As it happened
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India