Sandeep bags gold in Asian All Star Athletics Meet
Almaty (Kazakhstan): Sandeep Singh won a gold in 1500m while triple jumper Arpinder Singh won a silver as India bagged two medals on the second day of the Asian All Star Athletics Meet.
Sandeep clocked 3:51.66 to win the gold, while Kazakhstan`s Artem Kossinov (3:51.73) and Hiroshi Ino of Japan (3:53.23) were second and third respectively.
In the triple jump competition, Arpinder (16.31) had to settle for a silver, even as Roman Valiyev (16.60m) of Kazakhstan bagged the first position. Japan`s Yuma Okabe (16.11) took the bronze.
On Saturday, Asian Games gold medallist Joseph Abraham`s London Olympics dreams were dashed despite winning a gold medal in the men`s 400m hurdles after he clocked 50.22s, which was way below the London Games qualifying `B` standard of 49.80secs.
Another national record holder and London Olympics-bound Tintu Luka finished third in the women`s 800m, clocking 2:01.71s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack