Sania appreciates courage of cancer survivors
Hyderabad: Tennis star Sania Mirza on Saturday interacted with a group of cancer survivors at a hospital here and appreciated their grit and courage.
Sania, who was the chief guest at the 13th anniversary celebrations of The Laryngectomee Society of Apollo Hospital, interacted with cancer survivors and appreciated their courage.
The event sent a strong message that cancer is curable and despite all odds, it is possible to live a normal life as cancer survivors, the organisers said in a release.
Quoting the example of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, Dr Umanath Nayak, Consultant Head, Apollo Cancer Hospital and Founder President of the society, said that they had "many such Yuvraj Singhs in their midst."
The Laryngectomee society is a voluntary self-help rehabilitation group of cancer survivors who have undergone surgery for removal of their larynx (voice box) as treatment for cancer of the throat, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why