Sania appreciates courage of cancer survivors
Hyderabad: Tennis star Sania Mirza on Saturday interacted with a group of cancer survivors at a hospital here and appreciated their grit and courage.
Sania, who was the chief guest at the 13th anniversary celebrations of The Laryngectomee Society of Apollo Hospital, interacted with cancer survivors and appreciated their courage.
The event sent a strong message that cancer is curable and despite all odds, it is possible to live a normal life as cancer survivors, the organisers said in a release.
Quoting the example of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, Dr Umanath Nayak, Consultant Head, Apollo Cancer Hospital and Founder President of the society, said that they had "many such Yuvraj Singhs in their midst."
The Laryngectomee society is a voluntary self-help rehabilitation group of cancer survivors who have undergone surgery for removal of their larynx (voice box) as treatment for cancer of the throat, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says