Sania appreciates courage of cancer survivors
Hyderabad: Tennis star Sania Mirza on Saturday interacted with a group of cancer survivors at a hospital here and appreciated their grit and courage.
Sania, who was the chief guest at the 13th anniversary celebrations of The Laryngectomee Society of Apollo Hospital, interacted with cancer survivors and appreciated their courage.
The event sent a strong message that cancer is curable and despite all odds, it is possible to live a normal life as cancer survivors, the organisers said in a release.
Quoting the example of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, Dr Umanath Nayak, Consultant Head, Apollo Cancer Hospital and Founder President of the society, said that they had "many such Yuvraj Singhs in their midst."
The Laryngectomee society is a voluntary self-help rehabilitation group of cancer survivors who have undergone surgery for removal of their larynx (voice box) as treatment for cancer of the throat, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?