Sanjeev Rajput wins gold in Shooting WC
New Delhi: Shooter Sanjeev Rajput booked his berth for the 2012 London Olympics on Thursday by winning the gold medal in Shooting World Cup.
The Haryana lad came up with an outstanding score of 1278.2 in the 50 metre rifle three position event, a feat that not just saw him winning the event, but also confirming his participation in the London Games next year.
The shooter had earlier contested in the men`s 50 m rifle prone event at 2008 Olympics in Beijing, but failed to reach the finals. He has won a Bronze in Men`s 50m Rifle Prone event in the 2006 Commonwealth Games (Melbourne).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?