Sanjeev Rajput wins gold in Shooting WC
New Delhi: Shooter Sanjeev Rajput booked his berth for the 2012 London Olympics on Thursday by winning the gold medal in Shooting World Cup.
The Haryana lad came up with an outstanding score of 1278.2 in the 50 metre rifle three position event, a feat that not just saw him winning the event, but also confirming his participation in the London Games next year.
The shooter had earlier contested in the men`s 50 m rifle prone event at 2008 Olympics in Beijing, but failed to reach the finals. He has won a Bronze in Men`s 50m Rifle Prone event in the 2006 Commonwealth Games (Melbourne).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt employees not to get arrears this financial year?
- Reasons why parents must educate their child about sex
- Sensex adds to gains, up 149 points on positive global leads
- SC refers LGBT celebs' plea challenging Section 377 to CJI
- Why do we shout in anger? Watch video to know the real reason