Sanjeev Rajput wins gold in Shooting WC
New Delhi: Shooter Sanjeev Rajput booked his berth for the 2012 London Olympics on Thursday by winning the gold medal in Shooting World Cup.
The Haryana lad came up with an outstanding score of 1278.2 in the 50 metre rifle three position event, a feat that not just saw him winning the event, but also confirming his participation in the London Games next year.
The shooter had earlier contested in the men`s 50 m rifle prone event at 2008 Olympics in Beijing, but failed to reach the finals. He has won a Bronze in Men`s 50m Rifle Prone event in the 2006 Commonwealth Games (Melbourne).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump Inauguration LIVE: US President vows to eradicate Islamic terrorism from the face of Earth