Sardara to play in Belgiun Hockey League
New Delhi: Experienced full-back Sardara
Singh, the only Indian player to find a place in the
recently-announced International Hockey Federation`s All Star
men`s team, will make his debut in the Belgiun Hockey League
Sardara had signed a contract with Brussels based Lauven
club, who has also invited star drag-flicker Sandeep Singh.
"I have signed a contract with Lauvens club and will play
for the first time in Belgium Hockey League. I hope it will be
a learning experience for me and will be handy before the
Olympic qualifiers," Sardara told reporters.
He said the contract is for three months and he will be
leaving for Brussels in the first week of February.
"We have to work hard for the Olympic qualifiers now and
I think this opportunity will definitely help me in improving
my game further before the qualifiers," said Sardara.
Sardara began his career as a forward and then shifted to
the midfield before converting to a sweeper-back.
He was recently included in this year`s 18-men FIH
All-Star team along with hockey legends Jamie Dwyer of
Australia and veteran Teun de Nooijer of the Netherlands.
"It is a dream-come-true for me to be in the same team
with the likes of Jammie (Dwyer) and Nooijer (Teun de),
After failing to win the gold in the Guangzhou Asian
Games, which would have secured India an automatic place in
the 2012 Olympics, Sardara said there will be additional
pressure on the team in the qualifiers.
"There will be immense pressure for sure but our team is
in good nick and we have to maintain that. We have performed
well last year and we can continue with the rhythm. We will
qualify for London Olympic 2012 for sure," he said.
Asked about his preference for Indian team`s next coach,
he said, "I like the combination of a foreign and one national
coach. We did learn a lot during Jose Brasa and Harendra
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'