Savinova tops in Diamond League 800m
Birmingham: Two weeks after winning the 800 metres gold at the London Olympics, Russia's Mariya Savinova continued her run in Britain with victory in the same event at the Diamond League meet here.
Savinova clocked 2 minutes 0.4 seconds Sunday, more than four seconds slower than her time in the Olympic final, the fastest women's 800-metre run this year.
Pamela Jelimo of Kenya, the 2008 Olympic champion, was second in a time of 2.01.43, with Britain's Marilyn Okoro third, a further 0.53 seconds back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- UN council discusses move to enforce North Korea sanctions
- Norway helicopter crash: All 13 people on board dead, 11 bodies recovered
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador