Savinova tops in Diamond League 800m
Birmingham: Two weeks after winning the 800 metres gold at the London Olympics, Russia's Mariya Savinova continued her run in Britain with victory in the same event at the Diamond League meet here.
Savinova clocked 2 minutes 0.4 seconds Sunday, more than four seconds slower than her time in the Olympic final, the fastest women's 800-metre run this year.
Pamela Jelimo of Kenya, the 2008 Olympic champion, was second in a time of 2.01.43, with Britain's Marilyn Okoro third, a further 0.53 seconds back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack