Sayali fails to qualify for Badminton Asia Championships
Taipei: Sayali Gokhale of Pune failed to qualify for the women`s singles main draw of the Badminton Asia Championships here Tuesday.
After winning the first round of the qualifiers in the Taipei Arena, she lost the second and final round.
The Pune girl beat Sri Lankan Kavindi Ishandika Sirimannage 21-16, 21-14 in 23 minutes in their first ever encounter.
However, the 26-year-old Indian proved no match as she went down to local girl Ya Ching Hsu in 40 minutes. The Chinese won 21-23, 21-10, 21-10 in their first ever match.
The main draw of the tournament starts Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof