Sebastian Coe confirms he`ll run for IAAF president
London: Sebastian Coe has made it official: He wants to become president of the IAAF.
Coe tells the Times of London newspaper he will run for the top job of the International Association of Athletics Federations in 2015 when Lamine Diack`s term expires.
Coe, head of London`s Olympic organizing committee, says: "I`m ready. I know how to do this."
Coe, a two-time Olympic gold medalist in the 1,500 meters, is already an IAAF vice president.
He says "we have a great president in the post, so it would be when he stands down."
Coe`s chief rival is expected to be Ukrainian pole vault great Sergei Bubka, who is also an IAAF vice president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre